Looking for help from Art on a Cart Teachers

  • Katrina Barge
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2013
      Hello new group friends!

      My name is Katrina Barge and I am a National Board Certified Art teacher in Chicago IL. I am hoping you all might be able to help me out?

      In Chicago I work with a group of artists called "Art Teacher's Redefined" We have done a 3 shows on the cuts in the art departments in Chicago Public Schools. We are all teachers who have at many times lost our jobs due to budget cuts, many are still out of work. I know many art teachers around the country feel the same way. We are holding another show in November in Chicago entitled Re:

      It will play off of the Re: in response to an e-mail and modes of communication in the workforce. I would like to do a piece called "Art A'la Carte" in which I would love to collect as many photographs of Art carts and artwork maid by students in art on a cart classrooms. This is common in Chicago as well as all of the U.S. due to the cuts in education. I want to make a large hanging curtain of these pictures. It will be both a serious piece with a bit of whimsy.

      I want teachers to show the cart in a classroom they teach, loaded with the supplies they transport. I believe we are creative individuals who have a passion to teach regardless of how we do it, and I think the collection of carts and "classrooms" is a great way to do this. I plan on including some sort of words like, "If we can do this on a cart, imagine what we could do with a room" If you are an art teacher who works on a cart, if you could snap 4 to 5 pictures for me and e-mail them to me at ArtwithBarge@..., they can totally be on your phone or full size images too.

      I would like
      A picture of your cart in a classroom loaded with supplies or
      A picture of your empty cart
      3-4 pictures of your students' art work.

      Thanks so much friends

      Katrina Barge
      NBCT - Art
      Chicago IL