RE: Paint settling

  • Byrd1956
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2013

      I store paint bottles upside down and then keep flipping them every so often.  I have had the big guys in class shake them up; we've passed them around the room and everyone has helped shake them up.  I have used the blender and yes it does take some time.  It does work though.  I have never thought to contact the vendor.

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, <art_education@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I just got my paint order in (exciting, I know) but many of the bottles of both acrylic and tempera paint have the pigment settled to the bottom and a thick layer of the binder at the top. They are half gallon bottles that are too difficult to shake. I considered pouring it into a blender but that would be messy and time consuming. I've never had to deal with this problem with a new order of paint. Any suggestions? Should I just contact the vendor and send them back?

    • perigraphics2013
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2013
        Have you seen the paint mixer that looks like a rod with a small disk on the end of it that attaches to a drill? You can get them at the hardware store. It might work. I've used it on cans of paint .