article

  • Yvette
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
      Good article to share:
      Could the Arts Actually Be Making a Comeback in Our Schools?

      http://www.takepart.com/article/2013/07/15/arts-education-revived-los-angeles-schools

      part of it:
      "Arts education advocates are dusting off their dancing shoes in Los Angeles Unified.

      The school district will begin restoring art, music, dance, and theater curriculum in classrooms after years of devastating cuts with a $750,000 grant from the Los Angeles Fund for Public Education. Over three years, teachers will partner with local arts organizations to create ways to integrate arts into core subjects.
    • mariannaD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2013
        It amazes me, how artists can't teach art without auto integrating other subjects but other regular ed teachers can't auto integrate the fine arts. Perhaps we really do SEE things differently. We are extra special human beings!