Altered Book Tip In Exchange

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2013
      Greetings All,

      This is the easiest way to get a hold of all who signed up....YES, I
      will be doing the "Summer Tip In Exchange" - but I haven't had time to
      compile the list of all who signed up.....

      If anyone else wants to join in - the "mail to me" date won't be until
      October. I won't get to my own set until late August (or September?).
      I am doing "house stuff" this summer. My good friend (Ann-on-y-mouse
      -- met on Getty list) is coming for a visit in August so I am getting
      my house in order (smile Ann) - plus I am in another art show this
      August and need to get my pieces ready.

      For those who don't know what a "Tip In" is - please just "Google"
      Altered Book Tip In pages.... I don't have time right now to explain
      what they are and how they are done. There are explanations in the
      archives of all lists, too.

      For those who already signed up - I will get an email out to you
      soon....The theme is pretty open..."When Pigs Fly" - or "Be Careful
      What you Wish For" (I really can't even decide myself right
      now.....My idea just hasn't jelled yet -- hence the reason I haven't
      emailed all of you). Hint: pigs fly all the time.....and wishes do
      come true (in strange ways). I might even have one side be "When pigs
      fly" - and the other side "Be careful what you wish for".

      Wanted to let all participants know I haven't forgotten about you.....

    • kenroar
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2013
        Greetings Art Educators (from Judy Decker),

        The Altered Book Tip In Exchange is still on - anyone who
        wishes to may still join. We have been doing these exchanges since
        2005.

        Reply to Judy Decker OFF LIST (jdecker4art at gmail.com) if you want
        to be added. This is the last message to the list about this exchange.

        The theme is "The Impossible Dream?"
        You can take that any way you want. Judy's will have some humor in it.

        You will be making 6 pages - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" - front and back side. Anyone
        whose design works better for an inside facing page spread (11 x 8 1/2) - go for
        it! The minimum is one page front and back.

        You will mail Judy five pages to exchange with the group and keep one of
        your own for yourself. The only rule - you can't make one page for
        yourself, then just color photo copy it for the group. YES, you can do
        work digitally (Judy always does digital work). Yes, parts of it
        may be photocopies - but must have "your hand" in the finished page.

        When do you mail to Judy? Well.....When most of the members are done.
        The previous "Last Call" said by the end of October, so let's see if
        all can be close to that. Most get busy in the Holiday Spirit come
        November. If it drags on too late, you may not get them
        mailed back to you until after Christmas....So let's try to have your
        "Christmas Surprise" come early.