Re: Who's on First and What's on Second.....?

  • kayashkwa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 9, 2013

      Yes, I always take attendance when the students come in and leave the space blank next to a student's name until they arrive.  Then if we have a fire drill, at least I know who is in the room at that time.  Unfortunately, in my school, students are pulled from UA for reading and specials, so we have students coming and going and it's difficult to keep track sometimes.
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013
        I always took attendance. I had a seating chart for each class because I would never remember names and a seating chart helps with classroom management. I would mark them absent if not present and rely on the classroom teacher to have given the absent student a pass and would assume that if they returned to the art room, they would have a pass in their hands. I never had a roll call, I simply looked at the empty chairs and then matched it with the name on the seating chart.

        Ken