free art ideas, download

  • MaryAnn F. Kohl
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2013
      If anyone wants to take advantage of this, chapter six of my book, First ARt for Toddlers and Twos, is available in a free download. It's the chapter tha gives directions for adults to make cool stuff for kids to use for art, like a pizza box easel and a ziplock art baggie book to save art. Great ideas and fun for the kids.

      This is from a book I wrote and the publisher is sharing a chapter.

      Go here to get the free download: http://www.brightring.com/first_art.html
      MaryAnn F. Kohl

    • kayashkwa@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 9, 2013

        Yes, I always take attendance when the students come in and leave the space blank next to a student's name until they arrive.  Then if we have a fire drill, at least I know who is in the room at that time.  Unfortunately, in my school, students are pulled from UA for reading and specials, so we have students coming and going and it's difficult to keep track sometimes.
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013
          I always took attendance. I had a seating chart for each class because I would never remember names and a seating chart helps with classroom management. I would mark them absent if not present and rely on the classroom teacher to have given the absent student a pass and would assume that if they returned to the art room, they would have a pass in their hands. I never had a roll call, I simply looked at the empty chairs and then matched it with the name on the seating chart.

          Ken