Re: [art_education] Green Lesson Ideas

  • Robin Hartmann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2013
      Masks out of layered cardboard, then painted google Eric Strawzinski - great site!
      Robin

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2013
        Greetings Barbara/All,

        There are lots of great lessons on Incredible Art Department.
        Larry Prescott (and I) wrote a great one using found natural objects - little "Naturescapes" (Larry's images- I probably wrote the lesson):
        http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Larry-natural.htm

        Sue Stevens submitted stick horses (looks like I may have written the lesson plan for her images?):
        http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Sue-horses.htm

        It would be great if list members would look on Incredible Art Department to see what is there.

        > Hello,
        >
        > Do you have a favorites lesson that incorporates a green theme? I am conducting an art camp over the next couple of weeks that is focused specifically on environmentally friendly projects, reusing and recycling. Please share your favorite green lesson plan.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Barbara

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2013
          Don't know if you've already looked at IAD, but in case you didn't, you can find the following:

          Recycling
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/recycling.html
          http://www.incredibleart.org/files/Recycle/recycle2.htm
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/Linda-fish.htm
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/Julie-Robots.htm
          http://www.incredibleart.org/files/Recycle/recycle.htm
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Shannon-sculpture.htm

          Papermaking from plants
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Elizabeth-paper.htm

          Environmental art
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Larry-natural.htm

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "B" <bairulla@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > Do you have a favorites lesson that incorporates a green theme? I am conducting an art camp over the next couple of weeks that is focused specifically on environmentally friendly projects, reusing and recycling. Please share your favorite green lesson plan.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Barbara

        • kamla ravikumar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 13, 2013
            Teach them to make paper bags and paint their own 'Green message'on the bag.

            Kamla
            India