Green Lesson Ideas

  • B
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12 6:33 AM
      Hello,

      Do you have a favorites lesson that incorporates a green theme? I am conducting an art camp over the next couple of weeks that is focused specifically on environmentally friendly projects, reusing and recycling. Please share your favorite green lesson plan.

      Thanks,
      Barbara
    • Robin Hartmann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12 11:03 AM
        Masks out of layered cardboard, then painted google Eric Strawzinski - great site!
        Robin

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12 1:23 PM
          Greetings Barbara/All,

          There are lots of great lessons on Incredible Art Department.
          Larry Prescott (and I) wrote a great one using found natural objects - little "Naturescapes" (Larry's images- I probably wrote the lesson):
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Larry-natural.htm

          Sue Stevens submitted stick horses (looks like I may have written the lesson plan for her images?):
          http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Sue-horses.htm

          It would be great if list members would look on Incredible Art Department to see what is there.

          > Hello,
          >
          > Do you have a favorites lesson that incorporates a green theme? I am conducting an art camp over the next couple of weeks that is focused specifically on environmentally friendly projects, reusing and recycling. Please share your favorite green lesson plan.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Barbara

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12 4:47 PM
            Don't know if you've already looked at IAD, but in case you didn't, you can find the following:

            Recycling
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/recycling.html
            http://www.incredibleart.org/files/Recycle/recycle2.htm
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/Linda-fish.htm
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/Julie-Robots.htm
            http://www.incredibleart.org/files/Recycle/recycle.htm
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Shannon-sculpture.htm

            Papermaking from plants
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Elizabeth-paper.htm

            Environmental art
            http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/middle/Larry-natural.htm

            Ken

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "B" <bairulla@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Do you have a favorites lesson that incorporates a green theme? I am conducting an art camp over the next couple of weeks that is focused specifically on environmentally friendly projects, reusing and recycling. Please share your favorite green lesson plan.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Barbara

          • kamla ravikumar
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 13 6:06 AM
              Teach them to make paper bags and paint their own 'Green message'on the bag.

              Kamla
              India