RE: [art_education] Re: High school curriculum? help!

  • diane koch
    Message 1 of 9 , May 24, 2013
      I'd love to communicate through the transition. I will be teaching 2 art foundations classes ( basic overview of art media, history, techniques and principles) and 2 ceramics classes (introduction and intermediate) The foundations I am comfortable with even though it will be classes of very mixed abilities (some may never have had art in school at all others have had a comprehensive art background and anywhere in between) Its the ceramics I am nervous about. I have not worked in a school with a kiln for 15 years, and although I have done ceramics and know what to do, 15 years is a pretty large gap for my comfort level. It will be a learning experience for me and my students. My x student teacher teaches ceramics in a different high school in the area so we are going to get together over the summer and "play" to refresh my memory.  I don't mind messaging back and forth through the group or by personal e mail if you prefer. My e- mail address is
       dikoch@...

      Talk to you soon...

      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      From: bruthrobson@...
      Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 03:08:05 -0500
      Subject: Re: [art_education] Re: High school curriculum? help!

      Hi Diane!
      Maybe we can be pen pals through the transition?

      I am so excited, I just found Davis studio curriculum: Discovering Drawing and Exploring Painting. this looks perfect! Anyone use this and are the assessments or other aids offered helpful?

      Brenda

      On May 21, 2013, at 10:40 PM, diane koch <dikoch@...> wrote:

      Good luck! I also signed a contract for High School after 15 years of K-8. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. It will definitely be a growing experience that I am more than ready to undergo.

      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      From: bruthrobson@...
      Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:13:57 -0400

      Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
      Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.

      Brenda