image sources

  • elizhiz
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23 5:08 AM
      What are your favorite sources for images and artists' bodies of work? I used to like WikiPaint but I can only get a beta version now which is just frustrating.
      Beth
    • Brandy
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30 8:03 PM
        What are you hoping to do with the images?
        I always just use google images, but I'm not copying them to webpages (-anymore.) I did get served by a lawyer back in 2007 for reposting an image by a modern artist- despite the fact that the site was free & for educational purposes only (no ads), I gave him full credit and linked to the artist website for similar purchases. I just took the image down and that was the end of that. I later read I should have been able to use the image because it was for educational purposes only, but I dunno.

        For contemporary artists, try this one-
        http://www.artspan.com/search_artwork.php?action=artists&category=1&subject=218#.UagSUpyRzec

        And colossal ( www.thisiscolossal.com ) :) I love colossal, but it's more inspiration than artist website.
        Brandy