Re: [art_education] Re: High school curriculum? help!

  • brenda
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21 3:13 PM
      Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
      Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.
      Brenda

      Message 2 of 9 , May 21 8:40 PM
        Good luck! I also signed a contract for High School after 15 years of K-8. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. It will definitely be a growing experience that I am more than ready to undergo.

        To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        From: bruthrobson@...
        Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:13:57 -0400
        Subject: Re: [art_education] Re: High school curriculum? help!

        Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
        Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.

        Brenda

        Brenda, I do not have any resources to offer right now (although over the summer I may some photoshop lessons to send) but as you decide on taking the job, keep in mind that this may be a refreshing change and involve some nice growing time for you as an educator. I know there is stress with teaching so much new stuff, but sometimes it is just what our career needs - and you were obviously looking for a job for a reason.

        I guess I am trying to say that there is a time to play it safe, but another time to just go for it - and you will have all summer to gather resources. Plus, the first year should have some cushion for learning, and well, things have a nice way of falling in line easier than we think. Just some food for thought.

        Best wishes (and God bless) as you decide!

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

        > Feeling overwhelmed here, need an AP, drawing and painting high school curriculum fast! Plus: photoshop curriculum to decide if I'm going to take a job offered by tomorrow or Tues. I'd like the job but I'm basically a middle school art teacher for the past 12 years. I know a vast amount of studio art myself but AP portfolio and photoshop classes especially are making me hesitate in taking the position.
        >
        > I'd love to acquire a week by week lesson planner to give me confidence I can do this. I'd make it worth someone's time....:) if they could share theirs.

      • brenda robson
        Message 3 of 9 , May 23 1:08 AM
          Hi Diane!
          Maybe we can be pen pals through the transition?

          I am so excited, I just found Davis studio curriculum: Discovering Drawing and Exploring Painting. this looks perfect! Anyone use this and are the assessments or other aids offered helpful?

          Brenda

          To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
          From: bruthrobson@...
          Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:13:57 -0400

          Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
          Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.

          Brenda

          Brenda, I do not have any resources to offer right now (although over the summer I may some photoshop lessons to send) but as you decide on taking the job, keep in mind that this may be a refreshing change and involve some nice growing time for you as an educator. I know there is stress with teaching so much new stuff, but sometimes it is just what our career needs - and you were obviously looking for a job for a reason.

          I guess I am trying to say that there is a time to play it safe, but another time to just go for it - and you will have all summer to gather resources. Plus, the first year should have some cushion for learning, and well, things have a nice way of falling in line easier than we think. Just some food for thought.

          Best wishes (and God bless) as you decide!

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

          > Feeling overwhelmed here, need an AP, drawing and painting high school curriculum fast! Plus: photoshop curriculum to decide if I'm going to take a job offered by tomorrow or Tues. I'd like the job but I'm basically a middle school art teacher for the past 12 years. I know a vast amount of studio art myself but AP portfolio and photoshop classes especially are making me hesitate in taking the position.
          >
          > I'd love to acquire a week by week lesson planner to give me confidence I can do this. I'd make it worth someone's time....:) if they could share theirs.

        • PlaidCrafter
          Message 4 of 9 , May 23 1:48 PM
            Over at Craftside there are a tutorials on how to make some pretty paper flowers and make t-shirt transfers on sandpaper with chances to win copies of the books they are from.

            http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2013/05/paper-flower-tutorials-by-maria-noble-author-of-how-to-make-100-paper-flowers.html

            http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2013/05/artstream-announces-arc-art-retreat-camp.html

            Happy Memorial day crafting!
            Stef
          • diane koch
            Message 5 of 9 , May 24 8:49 PM
              I'd love to communicate through the transition. I will be teaching 2 art foundations classes ( basic overview of art media, history, techniques and principles) and 2 ceramics classes (introduction and intermediate) The foundations I am comfortable with even though it will be classes of very mixed abilities (some may never have had art in school at all others have had a comprehensive art background and anywhere in between) Its the ceramics I am nervous about. I have not worked in a school with a kiln for 15 years, and although I have done ceramics and know what to do, 15 years is a pretty large gap for my comfort level. It will be a learning experience for me and my students. My x student teacher teaches ceramics in a different high school in the area so we are going to get together over the summer and "play" to refresh my memory.  I don't mind messaging back and forth through the group or by personal e mail if you prefer. My e- mail address is
               dikoch@...

              Talk to you soon...

              To: art_education@yahoogroups.com

              From: bruthrobson@...