Re: [art_education] High school curriculum? help!

  • Frank Ayala
    Message 1 of 9 , May 21, 2013
      Just google AP drawing curriculum, 2D design or 3D design, for high school!  Or you can make it up as you go using the guidelines for the AP art classes.
      Frank

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 19, 2013, at 8:15 PM, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

      Feeling overwhelmed here, need an AP, drawing and painting high school curriculum fast! Plus: photoshop curriculum to decide if I'm going to take a job offered by tomorrow or Tues. I'd like the job but I'm basically a middle school art teacher for the past 12 years. I know a vast amount of studio art myself but AP portfolio and photoshop classes especially are making me hesitate in taking the position.

      I'd love to acquire a week by week lesson planner to give me confidence I can do this. I'd make it worth someone's time....:) if they could share theirs.

    • brenda
      Message 2 of 9 , May 21, 2013
        Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
        Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.
        Brenda

        Message 3 of 9 , May 21, 2013
          Good luck! I also signed a contract for High School after 15 years of K-8. I am so excited but nervous at the same time. It will definitely be a growing experience that I am more than ready to undergo.

          To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
          From: bruthrobson@...
          Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:13:57 -0400
          Subject: Re: [art_education] Re: High school curriculum? help!

          Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
          Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.

          Brenda

          Brenda, I do not have any resources to offer right now (although over the summer I may some photoshop lessons to send) but as you decide on taking the job, keep in mind that this may be a refreshing change and involve some nice growing time for you as an educator. I know there is stress with teaching so much new stuff, but sometimes it is just what our career needs - and you were obviously looking for a job for a reason.

          I guess I am trying to say that there is a time to play it safe, but another time to just go for it - and you will have all summer to gather resources. Plus, the first year should have some cushion for learning, and well, things have a nice way of falling in line easier than we think. Just some food for thought.

          Best wishes (and God bless) as you decide!

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

          > Feeling overwhelmed here, need an AP, drawing and painting high school curriculum fast! Plus: photoshop curriculum to decide if I'm going to take a job offered by tomorrow or Tues. I'd like the job but I'm basically a middle school art teacher for the past 12 years. I know a vast amount of studio art myself but AP portfolio and photoshop classes especially are making me hesitate in taking the position.
          >
          > I'd love to acquire a week by week lesson planner to give me confidence I can do this. I'd make it worth someone's time....:) if they could share theirs.

        • brenda robson
          Message 4 of 9 , May 23, 2013
            Hi Diane!
            Maybe we can be pen pals through the transition?

            I am so excited, I just found Davis studio curriculum: Discovering Drawing and Exploring Painting. this looks perfect! Anyone use this and are the assessments or other aids offered helpful?

            Brenda

            To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            From: bruthrobson@...
            Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:13:57 -0400

            Thanks so much everyone.  I did sign the contract (yikes!) so I'll get busy.  I was recruited and have been at my school for 11 years but my daughter just graduated so it's a good time to grow. :)
            Really would still appreciate any and all resources though.

            Brenda

            Brenda, I do not have any resources to offer right now (although over the summer I may some photoshop lessons to send) but as you decide on taking the job, keep in mind that this may be a refreshing change and involve some nice growing time for you as an educator. I know there is stress with teaching so much new stuff, but sometimes it is just what our career needs - and you were obviously looking for a job for a reason.

            I guess I am trying to say that there is a time to play it safe, but another time to just go for it - and you will have all summer to gather resources. Plus, the first year should have some cushion for learning, and well, things have a nice way of falling in line easier than we think. Just some food for thought.

            Best wishes (and God bless) as you decide!

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, brenda robson <bruthrobson@...> wrote:

            > Feeling overwhelmed here, need an AP, drawing and painting high school curriculum fast! Plus: photoshop curriculum to decide if I'm going to take a job offered by tomorrow or Tues. I'd like the job but I'm basically a middle school art teacher for the past 12 years. I know a vast amount of studio art myself but AP portfolio and photoshop classes especially are making me hesitate in taking the position.
            >
            > I'd love to acquire a week by week lesson planner to give me confidence I can do this. I'd make it worth someone's time....:) if they could share theirs.

          • PlaidCrafter
            Message 5 of 9 , May 23, 2013
              Over at Craftside there are a tutorials on how to make some pretty paper flowers and make t-shirt transfers on sandpaper with chances to win copies of the books they are from.

              http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2013/05/paper-flower-tutorials-by-maria-noble-author-of-how-to-make-100-paper-flowers.html

              http://craftside.typepad.com/craftside/2013/05/artstream-announces-arc-art-retreat-camp.html

              Happy Memorial day crafting!
              Stef
            • diane koch
              Message 6 of 9 , May 24, 2013
                I'd love to communicate through the transition. I will be teaching 2 art foundations classes ( basic overview of art media, history, techniques and principles) and 2 ceramics classes (introduction and intermediate) The foundations I am comfortable with even though it will be classes of very mixed abilities (some may never have had art in school at all others have had a comprehensive art background and anywhere in between) Its the ceramics I am nervous about. I have not worked in a school with a kiln for 15 years, and although I have done ceramics and know what to do, 15 years is a pretty large gap for my comfort level. It will be a learning experience for me and my students. My x student teacher teaches ceramics in a different high school in the area so we are going to get together over the summer and "play" to refresh my memory.  I don't mind messaging back and forth through the group or by personal e mail if you prefer. My e- mail address is
                 dikoch@...

                Talk to you soon...

                To: art_education@yahoogroups.com

                From: bruthrobson@...