Art Teachers - Make May Memorable with Flower-Themed Lesson Planning

  • HS1977
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2013
      Now that May is almost upon us, we see the full beauty of spring everywhere. Since many of us don’t take enough time to stop and smell the roses, let’s make an exception, starting now.

      May is the perfect month to present lessons about flowers. Your study doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Design your lesson plans, using a cross-curricular approach that involves Montessori practical life exercises, science, art, and other disciplines. You can select which of the following resources below will fit your child’s individual interests.

      Make May Memorable with Flowers https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/making-may-memorable-with-flowers/ is full of Montessori inspired ideas for crafts, Mother's Day gifts, flower arranging, starting a flower garden, plus flower-themed Montessori sensory and practical life exercises. This post contains many art related lesson planning ideas, as well.

      My hope is that the collection of resources listed in this post will make May 2013 a month of memorable learning and giving. :-)

      For additional summer lesson planning please visit
      https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com/ and http://www.amonco.org

      Enjoy!

      Heidi Anne Spietz
      American Montessori Consulting
      http://www.amonco.org
      Celebrating 25 Years of Serving School and Home Educators
      Montessori for the 21st Century