Part II - Summer is Coming - (Lessons, Resources and More)

  • HS1977
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2013
      I decided to post the second part of this article, since it contains art lesson planning resources. Enjoy! Heidi

      The beauty and slower pace of summer brings out the artist in some children (and adults.) If you have an art fan in the house, check out the neat summer art inspirations in Part II of Summer is Coming - https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/summer-is-coming-part-ii/

      Maria Montessori once said "…the senses, being explorers of the world, open the way to knowledge." Many children find nature a feast for their senses, especially in summer, when plants and animals are growing strong. If your summer plans include getting up close and personal with nature, you will find great information in Part II.

      Find out more about some of the "free" things that are available in your community. Although summer is almost two months away, but we all know it usually seems to fly by. So, start making plans now to make the most of this wonderful season! Viist
      https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/summer-is-coming-part-ii/ and https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com today!
    • mariannaD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4 8:08 AM
        Hi everyone! Just wanted to share this article as a reminder to take time for ourselves as we unwind from the school year. I know as artists, making stuff is relaxing for us. Our own little escape from reality. There might be a few ideas to slip in your summer days as well.
        http://www.examiner.com/article/lie-down-close-your-eyes-sip-and-breathe-1