9-12 3-D Design / Architecture teaching opening

  • c
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
      Hi everyone-

      We're anticipating two full-time 9-12 art teaching positions opening at our high school: one 3D design/architecture teacher and one drawing & painting teacher. Know any good candidates who has or can get Massachusetts teaching certification? Spread the word!

      A formal advertisement has not been posted yet, so this is a heads-up. We expect the posting for the first position to read something like this:

      "The Art, Design & Technology Department at Martha's Vineyard Regional High School seeks a full time architecture, industrial design & basic engineering instructor for the 2013-14 school year.

      "A strong candidate would have teaching experience in a design/ shop environment, where safety is the top priority. Experience in environmental, interiors and landscape design along with a working knowledge of Google SketchUp, CAD, 3D printing and model making would be ideal."

      Do you know anyone qualified who might be interested in island living and teaching? Both of these positions are opening due to the retirement of two of our veteran (30+ year) teachers. There are no in-house candidates.

      Direct any initial inquiries to: pbrissette [at] mvyps [dot] org or cbaer [at] mvyps [dot] org

      Thanks!
      Chris

      Chris Baer
      Art, Design & Technology Dept.