Re: [art_education] Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree

  • reenshannon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
      Are you saying you are an art teacher but you don't have a bachelor degree?

      > Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree? The certification
      > course doesn't specify.

    • brenda robson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2013
        Yes, private school.  I had 15 years as a corporate illustrator then became a teacher. I am close to a BA but not quite there

        Brenda Robson

        On Mar 22, 2013, at 7:31 AM, reens@... wrote:

        Are you saying you are an art teacher but you don't have a bachelor degree?

        > Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree? The certification
        > course doesn't specify.

      • MarciaB
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
          That is definitely something I would check with the AP board about. My mom recently started teaching AP English and she went to summer classes on how to teach it. She spent hours and hours preparing. There are a lot of requirements with AP so I would research it. I don't know much about the AP art classes though.