Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree

  • BrendaR
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
      Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree? The certification course doesn't specify.
    • reenshannon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
        Are you saying you are an art teacher but you don't have a bachelor degree?

        > Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree? The certification
        > course doesn't specify.

      • brenda robson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2013
          Yes, private school.  I had 15 years as a corporate illustrator then became a teacher. I am close to a BA but not quite there

          Brenda Robson

          On Mar 22, 2013, at 7:31 AM, reens@... wrote:

          Are you saying you are an art teacher but you don't have a bachelor degree?

          > Can a teacher teach AP Art with out Bachelors Degree? The certification
          > course doesn't specify.

        • MarciaB
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
            That is definitely something I would check with the AP board about. My mom recently started teaching AP English and she went to summer classes on how to teach it. She spent hours and hours preparing. There are a lot of requirements with AP so I would research it. I don't know much about the AP art classes though.