Re: string

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
      http://quelinda-crafts.blogspot.com/2012/01/string-wall-art-for-valentines-day.html

      Here is something I found on a pinterest page. It's a super clever way to un-wind the string as well! I've done the circular design with elementary and middle school students. With middle school students we used much longer mails and then had them move up a tiny bit for each color of string they added to their pegs. Then the design became deep. I really wish I had photos of them. We did as a summer project at a camp and I didn't take photos for myself or boards. They were quite beautiful.
      Done using the students own choice of words can prevent it from becoming too crafty. If done as a math-geometrtic connection, it is a bit crafty, as everyone's will look the nearly same, but darn if they don't all look good. lol The circle designs can be nailed by students as young as 8 without too much assistance; For the The word designs, I would have the students be at least 11- unless you can get a lot of helpers! We used pine for a wood base in my camp project, but I wonder if you couldn't use a doubled, glued foam core board as the base, and then you could avoid the necessity of a hammer? If you try it out, let me know how it works for you.
      Brandy

      http://pinterest.com/bergiemoore/art-i-want-to-teach/ - my art teaching pinterest page.