more quotes!@#!

  • priorhouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      Justa few more quotes to share.....

      "In every culture, in every time, artists have always been the weather vanes, the truth-tellers, the bearers of beauty, and the ones who make visible the invisible values of their world."
      - Cay Lang

      "Bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all."
      – Oscar Wilde

      "Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere."
      - G. K. Chesterton

      "There is no "must" in art, which is ever free."
      -Kandinsky

      "The spectacle of the sky overwhelms me. I'm overwhelmed when I see, in an immense sky, the crescent of the moon or the sun."
      -Miro

      "The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance."
      -Aristotle

      "The painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through."
      – Jackson Pollack

      "Everything you can imagine is real."
      ― Pablo Picasso

      "Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen."
      ― Leonardo da Vinci

      "Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration."
      -Igor Stravinsky

      "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
      ― Edgar Degas

      "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."
      ― Bob Ross

      "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
      -Scott Adams

      "Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time."
      - Georgie Okeeffe

      "I hate flowers. I only paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move."
      - Georgie Okeeffe