Re: Digest Number (cursive in schools)

  • Byrd1956
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
      According to my student they only do about 2 weeks of cursive in 2nd. grade. Some cannot print well at all with poor grammer, no punctuation,capitalization, etc. I have started an altered book page assignment around cursive. I give students a cursive sheet & they practice then create a cursive practice page in their altered book. After that is complete they choose a favorite poem, song, or a poem they have written and create a page in their altered book that includes artistic images and the words in cursive. I overheard two of my students talking. They were saying how much they enjoyed this and really liked doing cursive and that they were going to do more of it. I felt I had succeeded in enriching their lives.