Re: Art rejected in regional competition

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
      Being concerned for this myself, I went and looked it up again.
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/107
      and
      copy right law durations-
      http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-duration.html
      Within the first paragraph of points you can see the student would not have violated copyright laws. I would DEMAND the panel reverse it's decision and issue an apology to the student. I had a similar event take place, and I went "tiger mama" on them about it. It was ridiculous for a student to be following the law and be punished by witless, uninformed judges.
      Brandy