MaryAnn is giving away five kids' art books FREE

  • MaryAnn F. Kohl
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 18, 2013
      https://www.facebook.com/events/541025745929010/?ref=22

      Hi Art People. I am giving away 5 free art books, title: Mudworks Bilingual Edition (SP/Eng) on my Facebook event page. You don't have to actually come to the event...just sign up with a "Yes, I'm going" and you will be included in the drawing. On Feb. 28 I'll draw five names randomly from those signed up and mail you your prize!!

      Just for fun....

      MaryAnn

      . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      mArYAnN  KoHL
      maryann@...
      blog: maryannfkohl.typepad.com/blog
      website: www.brightring.com
      IBPA Board of Directors
      Barnes & Noble Parents' Expert Circle
      NAEYC Live Learning Center presenter

    • priorhouse
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 21, 2013
        A few more quotes came my way this week... oh, and ONE MORE LINK to share: http://www.artquotes.net

        Andy Warhol quotes:
        (About Campbell's soup) "I used to drink it. I used to have the same lunch every day, for twenty years, I guess, the same thing over and over again."
        "Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes."
        "Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art."
        "I am a deeply superficial person."
        "I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs."

        A quote about Warhol (by an art critic) "Warhol turned to photographs of stars, as the Renaissance turned to antiquities, to find images of gods." by David Sylvester, art critic (shared on art quotes net)
        ~~~~~~~~~
        "The job of the artist is to always deepen the mystery." Frances Bacon (as shared in R. Genn's blog this week)

        ~~~~~~~~~
        "Like a child, I paint before nature with an artless soul and the instincts of my fingertips." Pierre-Auguste Renoir

        " I am like a small cork, which has fallen into the water and is being carried away by the current." Pierre-Auguste Renoir

        ~~~~~~~~~
        "Every true artist has been inspired more by the beauty of lines and color and the relationships between them than by the concrete subject of the picture."
        Piet Mondrian

        "The emotion of beauty is always obscured by the appearance of the object. Therefore the object must be eliminated from the picture."
        Piet Mondrian

        ~~~~~~~~~

        The quote attributed to both Matisse and Picasso about C├ęzanne: "He is the father of us all"

        another quote about Cezanne
        "Cezanne, you see, is a sort of God of painting." Henri Matisse

        ~~~~~~~~

        My faith is not what I write about or what I paint about, but it is the light by which I see.
        Flannery O'Conner

        ~~~~~~~~

        I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
        Albert Einstein