Weya Story Quilts - Zimbabwe - Great Lesson Inspiration

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8 4:34 PM
      Dear Art Educators,

      Several members purchased Weya Story Quilts to use with students. I
      bought two for myself to display in my home. These Story Quilts from
      Zimbabwe would be great inspiration for a lesson for elementary
      through middle school. More info below in a previous post (from March
      2011?)

      Africa Direct has two amazing six panels quilts on sale on eBay right:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weya-Story-Quilt-Village-Life-Zimbabwe-African-SALE-Was-150-/330869934914?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d09628b42

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weya-6-Panel-Story-Quilt-Village-Life-Zimbabwe-Africa-HALF-PRICE-SALE-/390538371804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5aede6a2dc

      If links don't work, go to:
      http://stores.ebay.com/africadirect
      Enter Weya Story Quilt in store search.

      Africa Direct has many affordable items for teaching African art:
      http://www.africadirect.com/

    • M Lerner
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10 8:18 AM
        Aminah Robinson is an African American artist in Columbus, Ohio who does a version of story quilts for anyone interested in tying that into a lesson. Her work is similar to many of these quilts and are very rich in detail and using a wide range of materials.
        Here is a link to a web page

        http://www.aminahsworld.org/

        M Lerner

        Sent from my iPhone