Re: [art_education] Art Education Group - Important Information

  • Lauren Perlman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
      I think moderated is a good idea.

      www.mummiesandmasterpieces.com

      On Jan 28, 2013, at 12:19 AM, art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Art Education List members,

      I have turned on the moderation settings for this group. While I was away for the weekend I see two more spams were posted to the group. I really have no tolerance for this.

      I would like to take a poll of the members here to see if they want to keep the posts moderated or go back to unmoderated posts and risk the spams. One way this could work is if I make another person a moderator of the group to help approve posts. This would speed up message approvals.

      This poll will end on Sunday, February 10. The results will determine if the list becomes moderated or unmoderated. Until then, the list is moderated.

      Ken Rohrer
      Art Education List Admin

    • Elizabeth Heisey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
        Ken,
        I love this group but----- here is another little glitch for you--
        As far as I can tell, I have never been able to post to this group.
        When you get this other snafu fixed, could you see if there is a reason why I can't post?
        Thanks,
        Beth Heisey

        On Jan 28, 2013, at 1:19 AM, art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        Art Education List members,

        I have turned on the moderation settings for this group. While I was away for the weekend I see two more spams were posted to the group. I really have no tolerance for this.

        I would like to take a poll of the members here to see if they want to keep the posts moderated or go back to unmoderated posts and risk the spams. One way this could work is if I make another person a moderator of the group to help approve posts. This would speed up message approvals.

        This poll will end on Sunday, February 10. The results will determine if the list becomes moderated or unmoderated. Until then, the list is moderated.

        Ken Rohrer
        Art Education List Admin

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2013
          I didn't know you had that problem. Obviously you don't have it now because I was able to see and approve your post.

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Heisey wrote:

          > Ken,
          > I love this group but----- here is another little glitch for you--
          > As far as I can tell, I have never been able to post to this group.
          > When you get this other snafu fixed, could you see if there is a reason why I can't post?
          > Thanks,
          > Beth Heisey
          >
          > On Jan 28, 2013, at 1:19 AM, art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >
          > > Art Education List members,
          > >
          > > I have turned on the moderation settings for this group. While I was away for the weekend I see two more spams were posted to the group. I really have no tolerance for this.
          > >
          > > I would like to take a poll of the members here to see if they want to keep the posts moderated or go back to unmoderated posts and risk the spams. One way this could work is if I make another person a moderator of the group to help approve posts. This would speed up message approvals.

          > > This poll will end on Sunday, February 10. The results will determine if the list becomes moderated or unmoderated. Until then, the list is moderated.
          > >
          > > Ken Rohrer
          > > Art Education List Admin

        • Elizabeth Heisey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2013