Spring Forward 2013 with Timely Art and Other Lesson Planning Ideas

  • HS1977
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013
      I recently revised and uploaded the new 2013 AMC Montessori Hands on Springtime Newsletter. To see the contents of this newsletter please see below.

      Visit https://montessori21stcentury.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/spring-forward-2013-with-timely-lesson-planning-ideas/ and
      http://www.amonco.org/montessori_spring_handson.html

      Peruse through the entire lessons.

      Then, download the new AMC Montessori Hands-On Creative Lesson Planning Newsletter. You can also access this newsletter by visiting http://www.amonco.org and clicking on the new eBook Library.

      Below, is just a partial listing of the offerings included in the newly uploaded AMC Montessori Spring Hands-On Newsletter.

      Georgette shows us how to use newspaper to make a festive hat for Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day and shares many multicultural techniques for combining Spanish and English in the classroom.

      Learn also how to make a flannel board from Fun Felt.

      Dale Gausman, from North American Montessori Center, offers the timely Introducing a Bird Feeder and Making Grass-Eggshell People. You will also found two additional outstanding Montessori extension exercises â€" My Family Tree and Marble Design Paper offered by NAMC.

      Marie and Kim illustrate how drawing helps children develop a mental map. Discover a Montessori extension exercise that is designed for age group 5 to 95. :)

      Diana, from Nature’s Workshop Plus, knows that we are all looking forward to the beauty of spring, so she showers us with some springtime nature activities that are sure to be enjoyed in any Montessori environment.

      The late Montessorian Kathy O’Reilly uses eggs as the focus of food related exercises. Her multi-subject integrated approach is supplemented with a Booklist for additional extension lessons.

      This post contains only a very small sampling of what is offered in this newsletter.All of the lessons contained in the newsletter are free of charge. Visit http://www.amonco.org/montessori_spring_handson.html to download the newsletter in .pdf.

      Enjoy!

      Heidi Anne Spietz
      http://www.amonco.org
      Celebrating 25 Years of Serving School and Home Educators
      Montessori for the 21st Century