Re: [art_education] Calling out NOW for next Art Tip Exchange

  • Carmen Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2012
      I've never done an exchange before. May I have more information so I can determine whether or not I can participate.
      thanks
      carmen
      Carmen Jones
      mrscmjones@...
      Nobody sees a flower, really--it is so small we haven't time, and to see takes time.  - Georgia O'Keefe

      On Dec 27, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Judy Decker wrote:

      Greetings Art Educators,

      Calling out now for the NEXT Tip In Exchange. It will be a single page front and back (both side with art) as the MINIMUM.
      All of you who have done pages with me know that the number of pages I do depends on my final IDEA.

      All I can tell you NOW is the theme (your choice)
      "When Pigs Fly" (Make the impossible happen -- in YOUR own way!)
      "Be Careful What You Wish For" (Sometimes the impossible DOES happen in odd ways).

      So far, only Robert Genn (from Painters' Pallet? Weekly Art Letter author knows why I chose both themes as choices. He will get one of my pages as a gift -- but I have another gift to get ready for him first).

      All I can tell you NOW is the mail to date is to be determined.

      I don't even know for sure who is the HOST - Me or Ronda. It just depends on the mail to date. I am the only one of use who can be more flexible and Ronda knows what I mean by that.

      Wishing you all a JOYOUS NEW YEAR!

      Judy Decker

    • Angela
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hello:

        I've never done a tip in exchange. Could I get more information so that I can decide if I would like to participate. Thank you so much. Happy New Year.

        Angela VanFossen

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker <jdecker4art@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Art Educators,
        >
        > Calling out now for the NEXT Tip In Exchange. It will be a single page
        > front and back (both side with art) as the MINIMUM.
        > All of you who have done pages with me know that the number of pages I do
        > depends on my final IDEA.
        >
        > All I can tell you NOW is the theme (your choice)
        > "When Pigs Fly" (Make the impossible happen -- in YOUR own way!)
        > "Be Careful What You Wish For" (Sometimes the impossible DOES happen in odd
        > ways).
        >
        > So far, only Robert Genn (from Painters' Pallet? Weekly Art Letter author
        > knows why I chose both themes as choices. He will get one of my pages as a
        > gift -- but I have another gift to get ready for him first).
        >
        > All I can tell you NOW is the mail to date is to be determined.
        >
        > I don't even know for sure who is the HOST - Me or Ronda. It just depends
        > on the mail to date. I am the only one of use who can be more flexible and
        > Ronda knows what I mean by that.
        >
        > Wishing you all a JOYOUS NEW YEAR!
        >
        > Judy Decker

      • Brandy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
          I'm guessing Judy is handling these off post, but since you're the second person to ask here, I will give you my perspective as a past contributor-
          You create 5-8 half pages of art, based on a theme. Then you mail them to Judy- with return postage-, & she collects them to trade your art with other's art. Then, one day, you get a nice package in the mail of art:) Done.
          Hope that helps,
          Brandy

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Angela" wrote:

          > Hello:
          >
          > I've never done a tip in exchange. Could I get more information so that I can decide if I would like to participate. Thank you so much. Happy New Year.
          >
          > Angela VanFossen
          >
          > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings Art Educators,
          > >
          > > Calling out now for the NEXT Tip In Exchange. It will be a single page
          > > front and back (both side with art) as the MINIMUM.
          > > All of you who have done pages with me know that the number of pages I do
          > > depends on my final IDEA.
          > >
          > > All I can tell you NOW is the theme (your choice)
          > > "When Pigs Fly" (Make the impossible happen -- in YOUR own way!)
          > > "Be Careful What You Wish For" (Sometimes the impossible DOES happen in odd
          > > ways).
          > >
          > > So far, only Robert Genn (from Painters' Pallet? Weekly Art Letter author
          > > knows why I chose both themes as choices. He will get one of my pages as a
          > > gift -- but I have another gift to get ready for him first).
          > >
          > > All I can tell you NOW is the mail to date is to be determined.
          > >
          > > I don't even know for sure who is the HOST - Me or Ronda. It just depends
          > > on the mail to date. I am the only one of use who can be more flexible and
          > > Ronda knows what I mean by that.
          > >
          > > Wishing you all a JOYOUS NEW YEAR!
          > >
          > > Judy Decker

        • Carmen Jones
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2013
            Thank you for the information. This sounds like something i would like to participate in

            On Jan 3, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Brandy wrote:

            I'm guessing Judy is handling these off post, but since you're the second person to ask here, I will give you my perspective as a past contributor-
            You create 5-8 half pages of art, based on a theme. Then you mail them to Judy- with return postage-, & she collects them to trade your art with other's art. Then, one day, you get a nice package in the mail of art:) Done.
            Hope that helps,
            Brandy

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Angela" wrote:

            > Hello:
            >
            > I've never done a tip in exchange. Could I get more information so that I can decide if I would like to participate. Thank you so much. Happy New Year.
            >
            > Angela VanFossen
            >
            > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings Art Educators,
            > >
            > > Calling out now for the NEXT Tip In Exchange. It will be a single page
            > > front and back (both side with art) as the MINIMUM.
            > > All of you who have done pages with me know that the number of pages I do
            > > depends on my final IDEA.
            > >
            > > All I can tell you NOW is the theme (your choice)
            > > "When Pigs Fly" (Make the impossible happen -- in YOUR own way!)
            > > "Be Careful What You Wish For" (Sometimes the impossible DOES happen in odd
            > > ways).
            > >
            > > So far, only Robert Genn (from Painters' Pallet? Weekly Art Letter author
            > > knows why I chose both themes as choices. He will get one of my pages as a
            > > gift -- but I have another gift to get ready for him first).
            > >
            > > All I can tell you NOW is the mail to date is to be determined.
            > >
            > > I don't even know for sure who is the HOST - Me or Ronda. It just depends
            > > on the mail to date. I am the only one of use who can be more flexible and
            > > Ronda knows what I mean by that.
            > >
            > > Wishing you all a JOYOUS NEW YEAR!
            > >
            > > Judy Decker

          • Angela
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2013
              Thank you, Brandy. I appreciate your help. Hope you have a terrific new year!

              Angela