Re: [art_education] Book Review Request

  • vickiphelps@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 20, 2012
      Would love to review your book.

      Vicki Phelps
      K-8 Art
      Naturita, CO
      970-865-2204

      -----Original Message-----
      From: ckris4 <starshield@...>
      To: art_education <art_education@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, Sep 20, 2012 11:27 pm
      Subject: [art_education] Book Review Request

      Dear Listmembers,
      I have been a member for many years. I have appreciated your wisdom and advice, and found much use for it. My teaching partner and I are writing a book; a teacher's guide and curriculum manual for junior high art teachers. We have seen many teachers who were unsupported and unprepared to teach art to middle-schoolers, and we have wanted to do something for them for a long time. Now we have a publisher, Gibbs-Smith (http://www.gibbs-smith.com), and they have requested that we find art teaching professionals to review some of our work. We feel that this teacher's guide will be helpful and valuable, but we do need a sort of limited peer-review of some short samples that shouldn't take much time to look over. Would it be out-of-order to request some help in this from those who frequent the List? We don't want to impose, but if you feel like you'd like to help, could you email us? We would be very grateful for your opinions.

      Christian Fasy
      Art Teacher
      Mount Ogden Junior High
      Ogden, UT

      theartmachine@...

    • Clay Lady
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
        Christian,
        I would be happy to review your book.
        Retsy

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
          I would too

          1-8
          Dallas TX
          214-701-7012
          Brenda Robson

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
            I'm in!

            Miki Rodriguez
          • Petra K. Barajas
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
              It isn't finished. I'm having great difficulty with inspiration. Any advice is welcome. Thanks for the offer though and I'll be sure to upload and send it when it is done.

              Love, Petra

               Sending Cheer from Way Over Here

[...]

              mailto:theartmachine%40xmission.com

            • Bubbletrouble003
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
                Christian,
                 I would be honored to review yur book!
                 How exciting!
                                 Luann Blair
                        Emerson High School

                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
                  I would be willing to review your book. Good luck with it!

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "ckris4" <starshield@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Listmembers,
                  > I have been a member for many years. I have appreciated your wisdom and advice, and found much use for it. My teaching partner and I are writing a book; a teacher's guide and curriculum manual for junior high art teachers. We have seen many teachers who were unsupported and unprepared to teach art to middle-schoolers, and we have wanted to do something for them for a long time. Now we have a publisher, Gibbs-Smith (http://www.gibbs-smith.com), and they have requested that we find art teaching professionals to review some of our work. We feel that this teacher's guide will be helpful and valuable, but we do need a sort of limited peer-review of some short samples that shouldn't take much time to look over. Would it be out-of-order to request some help in this from those who frequent the List? We don't want to impose, but if you feel like you'd like to help, could you email us? We would be very grateful for your opinions.
                  >
                  > Christian Fasy
                  > Art Teacher
                  > Mount Ogden Junior High
                  > Ogden, UT
                  >
                  > theartmachine@...

                • ckris4
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 21, 2012
                    Wonderful! Thank you all, very much. We are talking with the publisher about sending out emails. I will get back to you Monday, at the latest.

                    Gratefully,
                    Christian Fasy

                    www.theartmachineonline.org
                  • jennieauble
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 22, 2012
                      sign me up - I'd love to look at it. I have taught middle school for 24 years so I hope I can help you.

                      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "ckris4" <starshield@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Listmembers,
                      > I have been a member for many years. I have appreciated your wisdom and advice, and found much use for it. My teaching partner and I are writing a book; a teacher's guide and curriculum manual for junior high art teachers. We have seen many teachers who were unsupported and unprepared to teach art to middle-schoolers, and we have wanted to do something for them for a long time. Now we have a publisher, Gibbs-Smith (http://www.gibbs-smith.com), and they have requested that we find art teaching professionals to review some of our work. We feel that this teacher's guide will be helpful and valuable, but we do need a sort of limited peer-review of some short samples that shouldn't take much time to look over. Would it be out-of-order to request some help in this from those who frequent the List? We don't want to impose, but if you feel like you'd like to help, could you email us? We would be very grateful for your opinions.
                      >
                      > Christian Fasy
                      > Art Teacher
                      > Mount Ogden Junior High
                      > Ogden, UT
                      >
                      > theartmachine@...

                    • Marcia Beckett
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 22, 2012
                        I'd like to see it too!

                        Marcia Beckett

                        Art Teaching Blog: http://vividlayers.blogspot.com
                        Art Journaling, Mixed Media and more:  http://marciabeckett.blogspot.com
                      • eamattox2004@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 22, 2012
                          I would love to!

                          Liz Heathman

                          Sent from my iPhone
                        • Petra K. Barajas
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 22, 2012
                            I'm working on it. LOL :) I never realized how long and hard writing a book was until I tried it. I have nothing but respect for those that do it for a living.

                            Sincerely, Petra

                             Sending Cheer from Way Over Here

                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 22, 2012
                              It's still in the works and I'm not sure when I'll finish. I'll send an email to my reviewing team when it's ready for a first read. Thank you for your interest.

                              Sincerely, Petra

                               Sending Cheer from Way Over Here