We Did a Collaborative Rotoscope Animation on iPads and THIS happened...

  • TriciaF
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2012
      Last Spring my 5th graders created a collaborative rotoscoped animation on the iPads. It turned out to be so cool that we documented the process and entered it into the McGraw-Hill STEMie Award contest as a Technology and Art project (putting STEAM into this STEM contest).

      Out of the 158 video projects submitted from across the country, they chose 30 finalists. Our Rotoscope Animation on iPads project is one of these finalists and is currently in FIRST PLACE in the voting round. 30% of our score is determined by voting.

      We have until noon EST on Sept. 19th to get as many people as possible to create a login and submit their vote for our movie. You can only vote once, so please spread the word!

      As part of the application process I filled out essays, sent out and collected permission slips, and proposed a plan for how we would use the $15,000 first place award if we won. On this point I wrote that I would like to see the money go towards iPads.
      I know that Dryden has iPads, but the teachers do not. Adding new iPads to our collection means that as the iPads rotate through the grade levels each classroom would still have access to one iPad. The one iPad classroom is still a wonderful thing for engagement, quick research, collaboration, and planning.
      So, all the kids will win if we win this contest! Please vote and pass this on.

      Click here to view the video and cast your vote (Thank you!)
      http://stemie.mcgraw-hill.com/submission/show/4317