New to me artist - For high school lesson on social issues

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2012
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I know many of you have seen - or done - the lesson of Surrealism
      Collage (using magazine images). Here is a new artist to use with the
      lesson - tweaked for Social Issues: Frank Moore

      I had never heard of Frank Moor until I read this New York Times article:
      ‘Toxic Beauty: The Art of Frank Moore’ at N.Y.U.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/07/arts/design/toxic-beauty-the-art-of-frank-moore-at-nyu.html

      Since New York Times only allows ten free articles per month, I don't
      share too many that I read. This is a good one - particularly if you
      teach high school art. Frank Moore died from AIDS in 2002.

      More about Frank C. Moore:
      http://www.speronewestwater.com/cgi-bin/iowa/artists/record.html?record=13
      http://www.artnet.com/artists/frank-moore/
      (note: there is also a performance artist Frank Moore - who is still living).

      Frank Moore is not listed on ArtCyclopedia, but there are more
      resources out there.