Re: classroom webpage

  • Mark Runge
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2012
      I teach graphics and digital film in a high school. Blogspot is probably the easiest to use. Here is a link to mine, and you can see how I do it with my kids' blogs on the right: http://shorecrestart.blogspot.com/

      If you can get past the initial set up and figure out just a few of the tools making a blog is just the easiest. Period. Wikispaces is also a great tool. Even the simplest web site services, like Wordpress or Weebly, are a bit more complicated. There is much information on the web for any of these, though. YouTube is a great resource.

      While making your decision you'll have to figure out many criteria, though, like access and privacy. An approach that I would take it to do a Google search for a few hours to get too much information (I just typed "web sites for teachers" and there are some good hits.). Then I'd have specific questions and more direction.

      Good luck, and big smiles to you.
      Mark

      --

      “That’s the real power of art, I think.  Not to chide but to provoke challenge.  Otherwise why bother?”  Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West

    • umuthallac hallac
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2012
        Dear Sir/ Madame

        This mail was sent to you to extend the CINT project.

        Our web site addresshttp://www.cint.biz

        Best Regards.

        Project Team

        Umut Hallac - TURKEY
        Dan Cissokho - UK
        Christine Cumbo - FRANCE
        Lucie Gižová - CZECH REPUBLIC
        Zdzisław Socha - POLAND
        Juan Bosco Camon - SPAIN
        Annemaria Balle - DENMARK
      • Larry Seiler
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2012
          Nice blog set up, Mark...clean, straight forward.

          In our in-service this fall, I have an hour set aside for me to teach staff how to set up a blog, how to upload images, enhance to prepare...set up links.  It surprises me still how many teachers seem to know how to turn their computer on, and off...and that's about it...!

          nice job...

          Larry

          --
          artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
          my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2012
            I agree - nice blog Mark - and Tricia - thanks for sharing yours too - and especially appreciated the theatre games for art class (I also teach drama) and well, your idea of integrating the subjects was just so clever.

            Take care,
            ~Mrs. Prior

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Larry Seiler <lseiler.artist@...> wrote:

            > Nice blog set up, Mark...clean, straight forward.
            >
            > In our in-service this fall, I have an hour set aside for me to teach staff
            > how to set up a blog, how to upload images, enhance to prepare...set up
            > links. It surprises me still how many teachers seem to know how to turn
            > their computer on, and off...and that's about it...!
            >
            > nice job...
            >
            > Larry
            >
            > --
            > artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
            > my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com

          • TriciaF
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 13, 2012
              Thank you Mrs. Prior,
              Here is a link for anyone else interested...
              http://drydenart.weebly.com/1/post/2012/07/theater-games-for-art-class.html
              I personally can't wait to try the "No Talking Whatsoever Game" to reinforce collaboration and listening skills while working on art concepts.

              Tricia

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "priorhouse" <priorhouse@...> wrote:

              > I agree - nice blog Mark - and Tricia - thanks for sharing yours too - and especially appreciated the theatre games for art class (I also teach drama) and well, your idea of integrating the subjects was just so clever.
              >
              > Take care,
              > ~Mrs. Prior

            • James Cipalla
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 21, 2012
                Thanks for this great tip! - I love your page! I would love to link to my artsonia much like you did at the bottom, but I can't seem to figure it out - I know it's a crazy time to ask, but if it's not to much, I would love to know how you did it, if there is no time right now, I understand, thanks,

                Namaste,

                Jim Cipalla

                Art Teacher, Northside Middle School
                Norfolk,Virginia
                Vice President, TVAEA (Tidewater Virginia Art Educators Association)
                JCipalla@...

                Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
                = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.
                >>> "TriciaF" 08/11/12 9:03 AM >>>
                Hi Terry,

                I've recommending weebly to everyone. It's easy, beautiful, and able to do so much!
                http://www.weebly.com/link/VWXfXl
                Oh, and free. You can buy a pro version, but I haven't needed to.

                View my website/blog here:
                http://drydenart.weebly.com/fugleblog.html

                Tricia Fuflestad
                K-5 Illinois

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "fufuyina" wrote:

                > Hello,
                > I am looking for an easy way to set up a webpage/blog for my class. I am technically challenged (I tried google blogspot, but had trouble setting one up) Is there an easier one out there?
                > Thanks so much!
                > Terry

                BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

                Teach the NPS spam filter, CanIt, if this mail (ID 02HNqCUqt) is spam:
                Spam: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=s
                Not spam: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=n
                Forget vote: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=f
                END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS