Re: classroom webpage

  • TriciaF
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11 6:03 AM
      Hi Terry,

      I've recommending weebly to everyone. It's easy, beautiful, and able to do so much!
      http://www.weebly.com/link/VWXfXl
      Oh, and free. You can buy a pro version, but I haven't needed to.

      View my website/blog here:
      http://drydenart.weebly.com/fugleblog.html

      Tricia Fuflestad
      K-5 Illinois

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "fufuyina" <terrylynny@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I am looking for an easy way to set up a webpage/blog for my class. I am technically challenged (I tried google blogspot, but had trouble setting one up) Is there an easier one out there?
      > Thanks so much!
      > Terry

    • Mark Runge
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11 6:48 AM
        I teach graphics and digital film in a high school. Blogspot is probably the easiest to use. Here is a link to mine, and you can see how I do it with my kids' blogs on the right: http://shorecrestart.blogspot.com/

        If you can get past the initial set up and figure out just a few of the tools making a blog is just the easiest. Period. Wikispaces is also a great tool. Even the simplest web site services, like Wordpress or Weebly, are a bit more complicated. There is much information on the web for any of these, though. YouTube is a great resource.

        While making your decision you'll have to figure out many criteria, though, like access and privacy. An approach that I would take it to do a Google search for a few hours to get too much information (I just typed "web sites for teachers" and there are some good hits.). Then I'd have specific questions and more direction.

        Good luck, and big smiles to you.
        Mark

        --

        “That’s the real power of art, I think.  Not to chide but to provoke challenge.  Otherwise why bother?”  Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West

      • umuthallac hallac
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 11 7:48 AM
          Dear Sir/ Madame

          This mail was sent to you to extend the CINT project.

          Our web site addresshttp://www.cint.biz

          Best Regards.

          Project Team

          Umut Hallac - TURKEY
          Dan Cissokho - UK
          Christine Cumbo - FRANCE
          Lucie Gižová - CZECH REPUBLIC
          Zdzisław Socha - POLAND
          Juan Bosco Camon - SPAIN
          Annemaria Balle - DENMARK
        • Larry Seiler
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12 8:05 AM
            Nice blog set up, Mark...clean, straight forward.

            In our in-service this fall, I have an hour set aside for me to teach staff how to set up a blog, how to upload images, enhance to prepare...set up links.  It surprises me still how many teachers seem to know how to turn their computer on, and off...and that's about it...!

            nice job...

            Larry

            --
            artist's website- http://larryseiler.com
            my art blog- http://larryseiler.blogspot.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12 10:23 PM
              I agree - nice blog Mark - and Tricia - thanks for sharing yours too - and especially appreciated the theatre games for art class (I also teach drama) and well, your idea of integrating the subjects was just so clever.

              Take care,
              ~Mrs. Prior

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 13 5:07 AM
                Thank you Mrs. Prior,
                Here is a link for anyone else interested...
                http://drydenart.weebly.com/1/post/2012/07/theater-games-for-art-class.html
                I personally can't wait to try the "No Talking Whatsoever Game" to reinforce collaboration and listening skills while working on art concepts.

                Tricia

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "priorhouse" <priorhouse@...> wrote:

                > I agree - nice blog Mark - and Tricia - thanks for sharing yours too - and especially appreciated the theatre games for art class (I also teach drama) and well, your idea of integrating the subjects was just so clever.
                >
                > Take care,
                > ~Mrs. Prior

              • James Cipalla
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 21 7:38 AM
                  Thanks for this great tip! - I love your page! I would love to link to my artsonia much like you did at the bottom, but I can't seem to figure it out - I know it's a crazy time to ask, but if it's not to much, I would love to know how you did it, if there is no time right now, I understand, thanks,

                  Namaste,

                  Jim Cipalla

                  Art Teacher, Northside Middle School
                  Norfolk,Virginia
                  Vice President, TVAEA (Tidewater Virginia Art Educators Association)
                  JCipalla@...

                  Art is made of love,heart,creation and feelings, you go deep inside to find an artist of beautiful creation. A creation from an artist isn't just a drawing, or a painting but a feeling or a thing that lives inside. Art is creations from people's hearts. Art brings out personality and love. Art is the feeling of Joy.
                  = A.B. = One of my wonderful Sixth grade students.

                  --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "fufuyina" wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  > I am looking for an easy way to set up a webpage/blog for my class. I am technically challenged (I tried google blogspot, but had trouble setting one up) Is there an easier one out there?
                  > Thanks so much!
                  > Terry

                  BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

                  Teach the NPS spam filter, CanIt, if this mail (ID 02HNqCUqt) is spam:
                  Spam: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=s
                  Not spam: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=n
                  Forget vote: https://spamtrap1a.nps.k12.va.us/canit/b.php?i=02HNqCUqt&m=68337a0927e9&t=20120821&c=f
                  END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS