Re: [art_education] Re: Congratulations.

  • MaryAnn Kohl
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 3, 2012
      I haven't been keeping up with our wonderful group as much as I would like. Please, if you believe in prayer, say one for my husband today as he undergoes experimental heart reconstruction, and possible transplant preparations if the rebuild does not work. We are far from home and offices and friends, so your prayers are especially appreciated.

      MaryAnn

      =======================
      MaryAnn Kohl, art book author
      www.brightring.com

      On Aug 3, 2012, at 7:14 AM, kamla ravikumar wrote:

      Congratulations on enrolling your 2000th member! I joined in 2004 when Judy was list  "Nanny".
      I've learnt a lot about how art is taught around the globe.

      Keep up the great work you are doing for art education and art teachers.

      I am happy to be a part of this very active group.

      Kamla
      Chennai,India

        Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

        "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

        List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

        =
      • Rachel Stafford
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2012
          Prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Hope everything turns out okay. :)

          Rachel
          Concord, NC

          Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

          "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

          List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"
          The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2012
            My father went through heart surgery last year to have the Dick Cheney heart pump installed. My prayers are with you that is be as successful as my own father's surgery!

            Ken

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MaryAnn Kohl <maryann@...> wrote:

            > I haven't been keeping up with our wonderful group as much as I would
            > like. Please, if you believe in prayer, say one for my husband today
            > as he undergoes experimental heart reconstruction, and possible
            > transplant preparations if the rebuild does not work. We are far from
            > home and offices and friends, so your prayers are especially
            > appreciated.
            >
            > MaryAnn
            >
            > =======================
            > MaryAnn Kohl, art book author
            > maryann@...
            > www.brightring.com
            >

            > On Aug 3, 2012, at 7:14 AM, kamla ravikumar wrote:
            >

            > > Congratulations on enrolling your 2000th member! I joined in 2004
            > > when Judy was list "Nanny".
            > > I've learnt a lot about how art is taught around the globe.
            > >
            > > Keep up the great work you are doing for art education and art
            > > teachers.
            > >
            > > I am happy to be a part of this very active group.
            > >
            > > Kamla
            > > Chennai,India

          • FamilyErickson

              Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

              "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

              List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

            • Jeff Pridie

                Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

                "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

                List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

              • you knoe me
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 3, 2012
                  hi all, i am a 3rd year art teacher, still wet behind the ears, do any of you have online lesson plans, i would like to take a look at how you vet teachers set your plans up, i want to provide the best art learning experience possible for my students as well as a fun experience. any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

                  Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

                  "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

                  List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

                • Lisa Galgano
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 3, 2012
                    badazz, what yrs do you teach?

                    Always a Scribble and a Giggle,

                    Lisa

                    hi all, i am a 3rd year art teacher, still wet behind the ears, do any of you have online lesson plans, i would like to take a look at how you vet teachers set your plans up, i want to provide the best art learning experience possible for my students as well as a fun experience. any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

                    Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

                    "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

                    List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

                  • Valerie Gilbert
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 6, 2012
                      HI Jeff,

                      Have you discovered http://www.princetonol.com/?  That's a great site and has gotten me through some tough times as an art teacher.  It has lots and lots of excellent information .

                      Valerie

                      Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 3:24 PM

                      1 New Message

                      Digest #3849

                      Message

                      1a

                      Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

                      List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"
                      The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog

                    • priorhouse
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 8, 2012
                        Maryann, please keep us posted un your husband's status (as you are able to) - and prayers and best wishes your way!

                        Also, wanted to say that I have appreciated many of the tidbits you take the time to share here - and how with your decades of experience you take the time to humbly chime in on simple and complex topics.

                        And actually that is one of my favorite things about this group - we have multi-generational members from all over the world with a plethora of different ART backgrounds and interests!! From the seasoned book-writing retired teachers and the music making or curriculum developing artists to the newby teachers finding their way and the home educators with their creative juices flowing - to the many faithful, seasoned educators that continue to carve their path amid the mountain of hurdles that always seem to come up. The diversity found weaving in and out of each post makes this group quite unique.

                        There is also a positive feel here - Very rarely is their bickering or tense posts - and even with the small prayer request going out in this thread- I am sure some members read that but they do not pray - yet NOBODY came back attacking it -or had anything to challenge or had to make sure their opposing beliefs were noted.....whew, that is nice to not have! And I have left some great groups because some posters were kind of flaw finders, ego driven, or just so religious angry that they forgot how to be nice. Or some had to show how smart they were... But I have never sensed that here.... And so even with my seasons of not keeping up with the group as well - it is always nice to check back in - because there are some WAY COOL art educators here!!

                        And thanks Ken, because your smooth leadership "nanny" style permeates the group and I am sure adds to the positive feel....

                        Take care all - and
                        congrats on 2,000!

                        ~Mrs. Prior in VA

                        --- In art_e

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
                          Thanks Valerie. Specifically the URL is http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/. Soon it will only be found at http://www.incredibleart.org I'll let you know once that move occurs.

                          Ken

                          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Gilbert" <vgilbert@...> wrote:

                          > HI Jeff,
                          >
                          > Have you discovered http://www.princetonol.com/? That's a great site and
                          > has gotten me through some tough times as an art teacher. It has lots and
                          > lots of excellent information .
                          >
                          > Valerie
                          >

                          > art_education@yahoogroups.com on August 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM -0400 wrote:
                          > >

                          > >hi all, i am a 3rd year art teacher, still wet behind the ears, do any of
                          > >you have online lesson plans, i would like to take a look at how you vet
                          > >teachers set your plans up, i want to provide the best art learning
                          > >experience possible for my students as well as a fun experience. any and
                          > >all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
                          > >

                          > >---------------------------------------------------------------------------From:
                          > >Jeff Pridie <jeffpridie@...>

                        • Ken
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 10, 2012
                            Lisa, out of curiosity, why do you have in your signature and e-mail the words, "scribble and a giggle?" There must be a story there somewhere.

                            Ken

                            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Galgano <scribbleandgiggle@...> wrote:

                            > badazz, what yrs do you teach?
                            >
                            > Always a Scribble and a Giggle,
                            >

                            > Lisa
                          • Badazz33
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 11, 2012
                              I have 6th thru 8Th  grades

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On Aug 3, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Lisa Galgano <scribbleandgiggle@...> wrote:

                              badazz, what yrs do you teach?

                              Always a Scribble and a Giggle,

                              Lisa

                              hi all, i am a 3rd year art teacher, still wet behind the ears, do any of you have online lesson plans, i would like to take a look at how you vet teachers set your plans up, i want to provide the best art learning experience possible for my students as well as a fun experience. any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

                              Fri Aug 3, 2012 12:43 am (PDT) . Posted by:

                              "art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com"

                              List members, Today we added our 2,000th member. It wasn't that long ago we passed the 1,000th member. It's great to see so many art teachers wanted to collaborate here. Ken Rohrer List "Nanny"

                              =
                            • LINDA WOODS
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 13, 2012
                                Wow, Mary Anne, that's quite something that your docs are doing for your Dad. Prayers sent! Both of my parents had heart surgery. Been in that waiting room many times....Hope all goes beautifully and he pioneers some new wonderful and successful heart reconstruction surgical technique! Sounds like he might be making medical history?? Hugs.