Re: Native American art ideas?

  • Stephanie Cavallaro
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2012
      Look up storyteller figures. I had great success with my middle schoolers as a clay project. There was also lots of potential for discussion about families and relationships. My students enjoyed making the figures to go with their family members. (Ex: A mother with 3 girls, or a boy and girl, a grandmother, etc) They also enjoyed adding the patterns with acrylic.

      I have also done a pen and ink lesson. We created simple still lifes of pottery, discussed overlapping, near and far, large and small, simple perspective. We decorated with invented native american patterns, then added color with chalk pastels.