Re: need a shoe lesson

  • priorhouse
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
      I recall seeing a teacher make tissue box shoes- students used paper mache' to cover the sides and form them - like make a pointy tip, lace lines, buttons, etc. Dry, than paint and wear (indoors)

      Also, saw this lesson for cardboard flip-flops (or slip ons).

      Trace the sole of the flip flop on corrugated cardboard - make five or six sole cutouts - then stack and glue layers together (do this for each foot).

      After both feet dry, attach the strap (use scraps of leather, ribbon, folded fabric) to attach, can be hot-glued to sides (stuck between layer edge) or secured w/ a staple gun.
      Can decorate or leave plain.
      Not for long term use, but fun!