Re: need a shoe lesson

  • ednakate
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
      You might also try searching for sewing patterns for shoes. There are many out there that are free and could easily be adapted to paper or cardboard.
      Alyssa

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "fufuyina" <terrylynny@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I am hoping someone can assist me with a lesson on creating shoes out of paper or cardboard. I have seen many examples of shoes online, but I need help with the actual construction plans. Can someone help?
      > Thanks so much!!!
      > terry

    • Kathy Maloney Johnson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
        I will look around and see if I can find something I have... it's something like a book/kit with paper patterns to trace for making shoes out of paper and corrugated cardboard and such. Might be worth a search on Amazon to see if you can find one directly.

        --
        Kathy Maloney Johnson
        Art Teacher
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
          There are some great paper craft printables too, I have used them with middle school kids. Urban artist design some graffiti style paper craft stuff

          --
          Jer 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

          Middle School Art Teacher, Horizon Academy at Marion Oaks

          "Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart of man go together."
          John Ruskin

          Scott Hughes Photography
          125 Marion Oaks Course

        • priorhouse
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
            I recall seeing a teacher make tissue box shoes- students used paper mache' to cover the sides and form them - like make a pointy tip, lace lines, buttons, etc. Dry, than paint and wear (indoors)

            Also, saw this lesson for cardboard flip-flops (or slip ons).

            Trace the sole of the flip flop on corrugated cardboard - make five or six sole cutouts - then stack and glue layers together (do this for each foot).

            After both feet dry, attach the strap (use scraps of leather, ribbon, folded fabric) to attach, can be hot-glued to sides (stuck between layer edge) or secured w/ a staple gun.
            Can decorate or leave plain.
            Not for long term use, but fun!