Re: [art_education] Re: need a shoe lesson

  • Julie Casebourn
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
      Here are some directions on how to create a shoe from paper or cardboard as you requested.  They sure look fun and there are links for templates if you want to provide them to the students.   I really like Youtube for How-to videos for technical info.  There are more option than these 3..but I think these 3 videos are clear and easy to follow.  Good luck!!

       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0oiIpjhNXc      This one is s sneaker

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkU4Y7pWEYM&feature=related   Fancy lady shoe (no template, but you can easily make templates.. it's fairly simple)
    • ednakate
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
        You might also try searching for sewing patterns for shoes. There are many out there that are free and could easily be adapted to paper or cardboard.
        Alyssa

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "fufuyina" <terrylynny@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > I am hoping someone can assist me with a lesson on creating shoes out of paper or cardboard. I have seen many examples of shoes online, but I need help with the actual construction plans. Can someone help?
        > Thanks so much!!!
        > terry

      • Kathy Maloney Johnson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
          I will look around and see if I can find something I have... it's something like a book/kit with paper patterns to trace for making shoes out of paper and corrugated cardboard and such. Might be worth a search on Amazon to see if you can find one directly.

          --
          Kathy Maloney Johnson
          Art Teacher
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 17, 2012
            There are some great paper craft printables too, I have used them with middle school kids. Urban artist design some graffiti style paper craft stuff

            --
            Jer 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

            Middle School Art Teacher, Horizon Academy at Marion Oaks

            "Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart of man go together."
            John Ruskin

            Scott Hughes Photography
            125 Marion Oaks Course

          • priorhouse
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 18, 2012
              I recall seeing a teacher make tissue box shoes- students used paper mache' to cover the sides and form them - like make a pointy tip, lace lines, buttons, etc. Dry, than paint and wear (indoors)

              Also, saw this lesson for cardboard flip-flops (or slip ons).

              Trace the sole of the flip flop on corrugated cardboard - make five or six sole cutouts - then stack and glue layers together (do this for each foot).

              After both feet dry, attach the strap (use scraps of leather, ribbon, folded fabric) to attach, can be hot-glued to sides (stuck between layer edge) or secured w/ a staple gun.
              Can decorate or leave plain.
              Not for long term use, but fun!