Re: List spam

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
      After scanning my computer I can gather that since I am no longer on the unsecured hotel network, I am now safe. After changing my password, they shouldn't be able to use my e-mail any longer. It goes to show that if you use your computer in a motel or hotel - or any unsecured network, you are vulnerable to people intercepting your signal. It had occurred to me to have a co-owner, but not yet.

      I hope everyone is having a great summer thus far. I also hope not many have been laid off or fired due to budget cuts or art department eliminations.

      Ken

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Brandy" <bergiemoore@...> wrote:

      > A the owner of several other yahoo groups, one option, if you choose and if it seems necessary, would be to turn "ownership" over to the co-owner (or get one temporarily) and then you can remove yourself from the list. Ownership of the freecycle groups in my area turn over every year, so it's certainly possible to give up ownership.
      > Thanks-you for not deleting the list :) And thanks for all your hard work on this group.
      > Regards,
      > Brandy
      >
      > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kenroar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > While I was on vacation in northern Michigan a few days ago, my firewall notified me that someone was attempting to access my computer. Because it was the hotel's network and it wasn't secure, I turned off my computer. Unfortunately while I was at the hotel, I accessed my Yahoo mail and they obviously were able to gain access to the account. Thus the list has received it's first spam from me. I have changed my password and am running spyware and malware scans to undo the damage. If I could remove myself from the list until I completely fixed this, I would. However, that would also delete the list. Sorry for the spam everyone.
      > >
      > > Ken
      > > List Nanny

    • priorhouse
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2012
        Yikes! Wow Ken, this experience is truly a good reminder to us all to just be extra careful while on our laptops in public places.

        Thx for all you do with this list and site....