Linked-In Requests - please don't send to all in contacts

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Rest assured we/I all love you.... and are thrilled that you want to
      share more about yourself.....BUT please do not give out our email
      addresses to the various sites to which you belong. Sites like
      Linked-In send requests to everyone in your contact list - even if you
      may have only had one email exchange with someone, that email address
      has been added to your contacts.

      After numerous requests - daily for some Linked In members - I finally
      had everything from Linked In blocked on my home email account. I
      still get requests through my Gmail and Yahoo accounts and just delete
      them.

      There is no way to say this without offending you. I am not interested
      in following anyone on Linked In. I don't even do Facebook.... never
      interested in MySpace either. I don't follow anyone on blogs (although
      yes, I have checked some favorites from time to time) - and I never
      Twitter....although after a TV news report, I may just have to see
      what Obama is "tweeting" (grin). His "tweets" got such higher ratings
      than his challenger (5000 for Obama to 470 or so for Romney).
      Ooops!.... Pardon me for the political mention here.

      List members whom I have known for years, get a personal email from me
      thanking them for the invite, but that I decline the offer to follow
      them. This is a group "Thank you" to all of the recent invites and
      those to come. Please stop inviting me to join. I haven't even signed
      onto Facebook so I could see what my son is up to.... although I have
      threatened (grin). He said he would have to "friend me" first anyways
      (chuckles).

      Look at your contact folder before you offer all of the email
      addresses to the various sites. Only share those contacts whom you
      know very well and would be thrilled to follow you.

      Thanks for understanding.

      P.S. Getty folks, remember to remove all email addresses before you
      click "Send".... and Getty members, I have no connection to Getty
      list. I am just another member like you. Any issues with the list can
      be sent directly to the TeacherExchange Staff. The email address is on
      the site. I don't know if anyone reads the emails sent as I haven't
      gotten a response in many years when I wrote with your concerns. Is
      Getty list on the way out? Maybe so.