Interview/Demo Lesson Question

  • A. Thielke
    Message 1 of 6 , May 24, 2012
      Hey! What do you recommend I do for a demo lesson for 3-5th grade?
      It's been a while since I've worked with that age. I have a fun
      drawing game that exercises visual communication skills. The students
      are put in groups of two and they have to describe a card with shapes
      and lines to their partner. The partner has to recreate the shapes and
      lines without seeing the original image.They get a new card to try and
      switch roles. It's a lot of fun but it does not have a historical
      connection to an artist or time period. What do you think?

      Thanks!
      Angela
    • MARYANN KOHL

            Message 5 of 6 , May 25, 2012
              This sounds like a fun activity. You need to activate prior knowledge/launch them at the beginning- maybe show some art work or brainstorm lines or shapes... You want to show that you have classroom management skills. Perhaps incorporate a local element to the game? Make sure you close the lesson, and engage the kids. Write on your lesson plan some extensions to the activity. Good luck! ALi

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "A. Thielke" <angethielke@...> wrote:

              > Hey! What do you recommend I do for a demo lesson for 3-5th grade?
              > It's been a while since I've worked with that age. I have a fun
              > drawing game that exercises visual communication skills. The students
              > are put in groups of two and they have to describe a card with shapes
              > and lines to their partner. The partner has to recreate the shapes and
              > lines without seeing the original image.They get a new card to try and
              > switch roles. It's a lot of fun but it does not have a historical
              > connection to an artist or time period. What do you think?
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Angela

            • Makio Kawashima
              Message 6 of 6 , May 25, 2012
                Dear Angela,

                Mondrian work is subject to the laws of visual arts.
                I posited four basic laws of of visual arts, Visual Weight, Color Balance,
                Shape Balance, and Movement.

                http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~eLearning/abstract.html

                Makio KAWASHIMA
                Art e-Learning Center