Re: [art_education] class schedule change: help

  • Kathleen Maledon
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2012
      You really have to become super organized and instill that into the classes.
      After you've taught it, time your students clean-up (after giving them specific
      directions on how).  tell them it's up to them if they want to shorten their clean-up time.
      I had only 40 min with 1 class coming and 1 class going.  i also stuck to same media
      for all when i could.  I didn't simplify the projects, but did have to do far fewer.  Oh and insist that the teachers come pick up right on time!
      good luck. k
      On May 22, 2012, at 7:23 AM, robinesp wrote:

      I teach at an elementary school. I had 65 minutes for each class once a week. I would have the grades clumped together. For example, all 5th grade groups in one day. It has been so nice! I had time for set up and clean up in between and time to hang art and time to enter community exhibits and contests. Now it will change in the fall to 45 minutes every 3rd day. I will have one grade after the other every day with sometimes NO time in between. I am dreading this because I feel like I have to simplify the projects. I really need advice from those of you who have similar schedules.

      Thanks,
      Robin in Colorado