Re: [art_education] DVD purchasing

  • Julie Casebourn
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2012
      How wonderful for you!!  If you are leaning towards the visual/aesthetic/history enrichment route of non-consumables and since you titled your email "dvd purchasing".. I often scope out Amazon and buy super duper cheap dvds, books and other things for my art dept. collection.  I pay with my own money (maybe your school has an account with them, my librarian does) and then get reimbursed.

      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2012
        If you work with clay, a brentware cart with wooden shelves for drying. Made my life a dream.

        On Monday, May 21, 2012, Kathleen Maledon wrote:

        do you have mirrors for everyone or those individual table top stands to roll the brayers

        for ink printing? Screen printing?  k
        On May 21, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Cynthia Perkins wrote:

        Hey there,
        I've been given $250 to spend on non-consumable art for all of my middle school students. They suggested DVD's, but I'm open to other options. This money has to be spent rather quickly and I'm not at school with my catalogues. What w ould you buy?
        Thank you for your input.
        Cynthia

      • dacke8175
        Message 3 of 6 , May 22, 2012
          Some dvds for 7&8
          Are getting know artists: van gogh, Warhol
          Maya Lin - Vietnam memorials
          Building big skyscrapers McCauley
          Crafting images digital photography Brian ratty

          6 th grade
          Getting to know artists- Rembrandt
          Behind the scenes vol 1 Penn and teller- perspective / Hockney
          this is a new fantastic book I use for warm ups or extra projects when finished. for 6 thru 8 th grade.
          Drawing lab for mixed-media artists :52 creative exercises to make drawing fun
          by Sonheim, Carla.

          Trisha Ackerman
          Middle school Educator
          Parker Core Knowledge Charter School