Re: art and music camp

  • Brandy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2012
      I saw the most beautiful thing done at a Montessori music concert. Each level presented a musical piece, & the lower ele. showed how they understood how to read "music". They had a huge sheet of scrolling paper, with the musical lines & each note was an image of what they were doing (shaker, feet, etc.). They composed up the music by blowing bird whistles, shakers, rain sticks, feet stomping and other musical noises as they created the sound of a storm coming and going, from low and quiet to banging thunder to quiet hush again, as the teacher walked through the piece and they played their part. I was kinda amazed how simple & lovely it was, and, clearly, how much the teacher had been able to convey to pre-schoolers about music. It would culminate your week with a quite an awesome display for parents :)
      Regards,
      Brandy