Re: Safe Oil Paint Wash

  • barbara
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2012
      Use oil paint mixed with Liquin.
      You'll need some odorless paint thinner too.
      A little dab of paint goes a long way to make a glaze with Liquin. Good luck.
      Barbara

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "blamirecyn" <blamirecyn@...> wrote:

      > I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.
      >
      > Cynthia
      > Florida

    • aliteachesart
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2012
        You can make a stain with acrylic paint and water. It works really well.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "blamirecyn" <blamirecyn@...> wrote:

        > I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.
        >
        > Cynthia
        > Florida

      • Miki Rodriguez
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2012
          I believe that a water soluble oil paint-like exists. You might look it up or talk to someone at one of your catalog suppliers like Dick Blick or Sax (School Specialty).

          Miki Rodriguez