Safe Oil Paint Wash

  • blamirecyn
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2012
      I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.

      Cynthia
      Florida
    • barbara
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2012
        Use oil paint mixed with Liquin.
        You'll need some odorless paint thinner too.
        A little dab of paint goes a long way to make a glaze with Liquin. Good luck.
        Barbara

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "blamirecyn" <blamirecyn@...> wrote:

        > I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.
        >
        > Cynthia
        > Florida

      • Marty Reid
        Message 3 of 5 , May 13, 2012
          Try India Ink washes! Or even shoe polish in a can!

          On Sunday, May 13, 2012, blamirecyn <blamirecyn@...> wrote:

          > I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.
          >
          > Cynthia
          > Florida

        • aliteachesart
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2012
            You can make a stain with acrylic paint and water. It works really well.

            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "blamirecyn" <blamirecyn@...> wrote:

            > I would like to make an oil paint wash that students may use to paint their textured ceramic pieces. Does anyone know of any safe solvent/recipe for an oil paint-based wash? Thanks.
            >
            > Cynthia
            > Florida

          • Miki Rodriguez
            Message 5 of 5 , May 14, 2012
              I believe that a water soluble oil paint-like exists. You might look it up or talk to someone at one of your catalog suppliers like Dick Blick or Sax (School Specialty).

              Miki Rodriguez