RE: Data

  • Larry Seiler
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2012
      Coaching a spring sport...three matches this week, and end of year conference art show to bring works to this Friday.  So not much time, ad I do want to say more.

      Class watching a Chuck Close video this morning.  During one of his comments, it occurred to me...hhmmm...it sure seems a good number of the videos we feature artists of importance that one thing is more frequent than not- struggling in school, poor grades, not caring much for school, or even parents taking them out to school privately.  Ansel Adams...Norman Rockwell...Chuck Close to name a few.

      Can't help but wonder in our push for proven "data"...really, where the value of the arts themselves for the individual's development lies?  Where the value...of personal values is leading us...

      Larry