Re: Does your district pay teachers...

  • Emily Majeski
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2012
      Yes our district paid us to do it. Every other Wednesday our district lets out at 2pm and we have In School Planning time. That's when we did our curriculum mapping and Common Core tests.

      Emily Majeski

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Katherine Abrams
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2012
        Yes, curriculum writing is paid in my district. Must have been set in the contract.
        Kathie Abrams

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Gladiola Alvarado
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2012
          Oh! I need inspiratation! S.O.S
          Yes, curriculum writing is paid in my district. Must have been set in the contract.
          Kathie Abrams

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Julie Casebourn
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2012
            Curriculum writing is not compensated in my district, but we have one day where we can update what we have.  Then the next year.. we reinvent.  Then the next year we rewrite and place into an online format, then we scrap that and buy one to plug into the online format.  Now our curriculum writing day has been cancelled, it costs too much to hire the subs to cover our classes.  The last rumor on the wind at my school was... stop working on writing curriculum until the "powers that be" can make a decision as to how to proceed... without compensation.  It's terribly vague out here in the sticks.