document camera

  • jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2012
      I just started using a Hue. I saw a teacher using it to present at a conference
      and several people asked her about it. They are very reasonable-I think I paid
      49.95. It is really easy to use -plug it in to your USB port. I project it onto
      my big screen with a projector. The one thing I don't like is the base is light
      weight. I taped it to a big cannister so it can be up higher. I use it for demos
      and reading books to kdg ( especially if the illustrations are small) The
      illumination is good even if you have the classroom lights on. For the price, I
      have been very pleased. You do have to do a manual focus but once it is set up
      to where you are working, you don't have to re-focus anyway. I ordered it direct
      from the company in England and it was cheaper even with shipping than on
      Amazon.

      Jeryl in SC
    • TriciaF
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012
        I used to use the HUE and know what you mean, Jeryl, about the light base.
        I switched to the IPEVO's USB Document Camera ($69).
        It has a heavy base, great clarity, and integrates with photo booth on the mac.

        I love it so much I wrote up a list of ways I use it and they posted them on the ipevo blog.
        So if you go here: http://blog.ipevo.com/?p=3524
        you can see my ideas and picts of how we use it:)

        Tricia Fuglestad
        IL