RE: [art_education] Re: Teacher evaluation kevetching

  • Rachel Stafford
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2012
      I agree!
      From: art_education@yahoogroups.com [art_education@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of allgaul [allgaul@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 9:57 AM
      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [art_education] Re: Teacher evaluation kevetching

      I for one am VERY interested in what is happening around the country with
      this new form of evaluation. Here in NJ they are trying to get rid of
      teacher tenure, seniority and collective bargaining. We will also have to
      deal with the possibility of salary increases based on evaluations that are
      subjective and possibly punitive. This will go very hard on the teachers in
      the arts field because we don't fit into their 'tick boxes' style of
      teaching.
      I think this is very important discussion that should continue!

      Cathy