National Design Competition

  • art_education-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2012
      Hello,

      I'd like to tell you about a unique program that Vans presents each year to promote creative self expression among art students and draw attention to lack of funding for art programs across the country. In it's third year, Custom Culture is a national design competition in which high school art programs are given four pairs of Vans shoes for students to customize in nearly any way they see fit. The national field of entries are narrowed down to a group of 50 by Vans' staff, then images of these top 50 schools' shoes are uploaded to our website and open to online voting. The top five art programs as determined by this voting will win a trip to LA where their shoes will be displayed in a museum for an evening while a panel of surprise celebrity judges choose the winning school, which will receive a $50,000 prize for their art program.

      Registration is now open at http://www.vans.com/customculture/ and I wanted to personally reach out to tell you about it. It only takes a minute for high school teachers to add their schools and it's a great opportunity for the students. I've attached a press release highlighting the program in further detail but if you have any questions at all feel free to send me an e-mail. I'd like as many high school art teachers across the country to know about this great opportunity for their students and school.

      All the best,

      Scott Byrer
      VANS
      Project Manager