Re: [art_education] Different LCDs and PC Monitor Differ Colors

  • Erin Fujioka
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 5:04 PM
      Generally there's variations between *everyone's* monitors, workstation, laptop, or otherwise. Waaaay, way back before I had kids, I worked a little bit in the visual effects industry, and there would be regular monitor color calibrations done with a specialized tool.

      Then you add in the variations due to the everyone's printers, and you can see why professionals take great pains to calibrate everything for color correctness.

      I use the Promethean board when I go and volunteer in classrooms, and sometimes the color comes out so differently (excess sunlight in the classroom doesn't help either). We do the best we can with what we have!

      -erin